How does the license work?
Single station licenses use a combination USB dongle/software license. Other licensing schemes are available on request.
What Operating System will SprutCAM run on?
Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, and Windows XP
My Machine is not listed under the supported postprocessors. What can I do?
Contact us. We can provide machine models and customized postprocessors for an additional fee.
Which CAD formats are supported?
All popular CAD formats are supported: .IGES, .STL, .VRML, .EPS, .DXF, .3DM. SprutCAM also has no cost plug ins for Solidworks, Rhino, Alibre, and others.
What type of computer do I need to run SprutCAM?
- OS – Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8;
- Pointing device – Microsoft Mouse-compliant;
- Disk space – about 2 GB;
Minimal recommended PC configuration (small and medium SprutCAM project)
- CPU – Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo or better;
- RAM – 2 GB (32-bit OS) or 4 GB (64-bit OS);;
- VideoCard – OpenGL-capable card (OpenGL 1.2) 512 MB;
- HDD – free space about 5 GB for projects and temporary files.
- Display resolution – 1024x768 or more, 65535 colors or better.
Recommended PC configuration (large SprutCAM project)
- CPU – Intel® Core i5 or better;
- RAM – 4 GB (32-bit OS) or 8 GB or more (64-bit OS);
- 3D pointing device – 3Dconnexion 3D mouse-compliant;
- VideoCard – OpenGL-capable card (OpenGL 1.5) 1024 or better MB;
- Display resolution – 1920x1080 or more, true color.
- HDD – free space more than 10 GB for projects and temporary files.
Note: The recommended configuration of the computer much depends on the complexity of the models to be machined and machining quality. The more complex the model is, and the higher the machining quality required, the greater number of calculations will be needed to perform, in order to generate the tool movement toolpath. Therefore, the higher specification of the computer, the faster the calculations will be performed.