The uniqueness of the 3D milling feature is that the tool can be moved simultaneously in line with all 3 axes of the workpiece. In order to set up these operations in SprutCAM, you will need to have a 3D model of the workpiece.
Effective machining programming using models from any CAD system.
- High quality of the machining
- Minimizing tool expenses
- Cutting down on NC program creation times
- Cutting down on the machining time
- Collision control
SprutCAM offers a wide variety of various strategies for standard and high performance cutting in order to machine work pieces with curved forming surfaces.
The possibility to form the toolpath, taking into account the scallop’s height permanency, produces a surface of the desired cleanness and quality.
Minimize your labor costs with the automatic detection and machining of the remaining material. The function of the flat tool path also permits the avoidance of hard modes within the machines functioning and will considerably prolong your equipment’s longevity.
SprutCAM functions are based on solid models, surfaces, meshes and curves. For every geometric object or group of objects an additional allowance can be set.
- Layer by layer roughing (with a permanent level for the Z axis)
- Line by line roughing (with a set angle relative to the X axis)
- Controlled roughing (along or across the direction curves)
- Layer by layer selection (of the round wells, according to the spiral of Archimedes)
- Area selection with limiting by the minimum radius of the tool path curvature and trochoidal cutting in.
- Layer by layer finishing (with a permanent level for the Z axis)
- Finishing on flat horizontal areas (series of horizontal moves on different levels)
- Line by line finishing (with a set angle relatively to the X axis)
- Controlled finishing (along or across the direction curves)
- Complex line and layer finishing (optimization of the machining of flat and steep areas)
- Line by line optimized finishing (optimization of the machining in the direction of the areas’ slope)
- Three-dimensional finishing (optimization according to a set scallop size)
- Combined finishing (layer by layer machining with equidistant machining of flat areas)
- Machining of 3D curve
- Engraving (with a possibility of 3D angle machining)
In this operation, the tool path can be copied with flexible parameters.
Examples of parts machining on CNC machines. The NC programs were made in SprutCAM.