SprutCAM is developed by Sprut Technologies, the premier CAD/CAM/CAE developer in Russia. Sprut Technologies office is located in Naberezhnye Chelny, Russia.
SPRUT Technology was founded over 20 years ago, in 1987. SprutCAM is a major player in CAD/CAM technology in industrialized Europe, but relatively unknown in the USA and other North American Markets. Customers include KAMAZ.
SprutCAM is present at major international machine technology exhibitions, including EMO, the world’s premier trade fair for metalworking technology.
SprutCAM America is the exclusive reseller of SprutCAM and other products for Sprut Technologies in North America and Central America. We are also a reseller in South America. We are unable to sell to Europe or Asia. Our partnership with Sprut Technologies dates back to 2004. We communicate daily with the Russian Technical Team.
SprutCAM America is much more than a typical software sales organization. We have experienced CAD/CAM professionals on staff in technical support roles, as well as trained CNC machinists. We provide training, education, and support to ensure product success.
We have a large assortment of on-demand video tutorials on a variety of basic and advanced features. We also offer periodic hands-on training and workshops at our offices near Madison Wisconsin. Finally, custom one-on-one training solutions are available at an hourly consulting rate. Contact us for details.
- OS-Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8;
- Pointing device – Microsoft Mouse-compliant;
- Disk space – about 2GB;
Minimal recommended PC configuration (small and medium SprutCAM project)
- CPU – Intel® Core TM 2 Duo or better,
- RAM – 2GB (32-bit OS) or 4 GB (64-bit OS);
- VideoCard – OpenGL – capable card (OpenGL 1.2) 512 MB;
- HDD – free space about % GB for projects and temporary files.
- Display resolution – 1024×768 or more, 65535 colors or better.
Recommended PC configuration (large SprutCAM project)
- CPU – Intel® Core i5 or better;
- RAM – 4 GB (32-bit OS) or 8 GB or more (64-bit OS);
- 3D pointing device – 3Dconnexion 3D mouse-compliant;
- VideoCard – OpenGL -capable card (OpenGL 1.5) 1024 or better MB;
- Display resolution – 1920×1080 or more, true color.
- HDD – free space more than 10 GB for projects and temporary files.
Note: The recommended configuration of the computer much depends on the complexity of the models to be machined and machining quality. The more complex the model is, and the higher the machining quality required, the greater number of calculations will be needed to perform, in order to generate the tool movement toolpath. Therefore, the higher specification of the computer, the faster the calculations will be performed.
All popular CAD formats are supported: .IGES, .STL, .VRML, .EPS, .DXF, .3DM. SprutCAM also has no cost plug ins for Solidworks, Rhino, Alibre, and others.
Contact us. We can provide machine models and customized postprocessors for an additional fee.
Yes, upgrades are available. The cost to upgrade is pro-rated and depends on the previous purchase date. Contact us for an upgrade quotation.
Yes. In fact, many educational institutions qualify for a no-cost license of SprutCAM, including secondary schools, teaching universities, and even hackerspaces, contact us for qualification details.
Yes. Contact us for details and pricing.
No. There are no required maintenance contracts with products purchased from SprutCAM America.
Yes. Contact us for details.
Yes. Purchases of 4 or more licenses are eligible for a 15% discount.
Paying close attention to your post, locate the upgrade packages on our website and select the upgrade package that pertains to you. Submit the upgrade quote request, so our Sales Department can verify your post selection with your previous version of SprutCAM. At that time, they will provide you with the necessary procedures to access the new version.
Nothing will happen to the software or how it works, but you will not have access to technical support, customer service, and the ability to upgrade to new software versions in the future at a discounted rate.
You should have received an email from SprutCAM America, communicating the final opportunity to upgrade, but if you have any questions, reach out to: email@example.com.
Our team is excited to share the updates made to SprutCAM with its users, which generally include workflow and display updates to make it more intuitive. If these updates aren’t enough incentive, there are a couple more reasons you might want to reconsider:
1. Service and technical support is only offered to users of the most current SprutCAM version
2. To be eligible to upgrade to a newer version in the future, at a discounted rate, you must be running the current version
3. Reference tutorials, including those by SprutCAM America, will become dated as your version of SprutCAM eventually turns obsolete
It is not necessary to upgrade to the next version of SprutCAM to keep using your current version, but it is beneficial if you’re interested in support and future discounts.